On June 18th MSI in cooperation with BHA, RMBS and Great Old Broads will be holding an information/meet and greet at the Durango Recreation Center at 5:30 pm. At the meeting we will:
· Give a brief overview of the bighorn/domestic problem and show the first five minutes of the film about the recent bighorn die-off on the National Bison Refuge in Montana.
· Give an update on the science of disease (especially if anything new pops up at the meeting of the statewide working group on June 10th).
· Review results of last season's citizen science efforts (thanking all groups/individuals involved). Have Jeremy from MSI review maps/results
· Preview this season's efforts - identifying specific areas of concern in SW CO
· Demonstrate how verifiable observations that require agency notification will be processed in a timely manner this season
· Discuss/plan for distribution of rack cards in SW CO this season
· Discuss/plan for holding a pint night for jeep tour guides in Ouray/Silverton to inform of problem and citizen science effort in late June.