Four Corners Air Quality Forum
The Four Corners Air Quality Forum was organized to increase regional air quality understanding and communication. The Forum was initiated in 2008 by a grant from U.S. EPA Region 8 and cooperative funding from San Juan Public Lands (USFS/BLM). Individual community members and representatives of local government, agencies, industry, and watershed / community groups gathered and collaborated for the Forum. MSI initiated this event to reach the following goals:
1) translate air quality science and policy in a friendly manner to non-experts, 2) facilitate informed discussions and decision-making, and 3) bring together diverse stakeholders in a problem-solving format.
View the complete conference agenga.
For more information, contact Chris Peltz at email@example.com of (970) 387-5161.
For information on past events:
- Four Corners Air Quality Task Force/Group
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- New Mexico Environment Department
Thanks to the Forum Supporters!
- Colorado Department of Health and Environment
- US Environmental Protection Agency - Region 8
- San Juan Public Lands Center (USFS/BLM)
- Fort Lewis College (provided room free of cost in 2008)
- Durango Public Library (providing non-profit rate for room in 2009 and 2012)
See the 2012 Presentations here
Lisa Clarke, M.S./P.E. Planner/Engineer, Planning & Policy Program Air Pollution Control Division Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, "Dust and Exceptional Events in La Plata County, Colorado" and "An Overview of Colorado Mercury Reductions and Impacts".
Lisa Silva, Air Quality Planner, Planning and Policy Group of the Air Pollution Control Division of the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment, "Colorado Clean Diesel Program"
Mark Jones, Environmental Analyst, New Mexico Environment Department – Air Quality Bureau, "Northwest New Mexico Air Quality Monitoring Newwork"
Bill Maxwell, Energy Strategies Group Sector Policies and Programs Division, "Reducing Toxic Pollution from Power Plants: Final Mercury and Air Toxics Standards (MATS)"
Greg Newman, Citizen Science Researcher, Colorado State University Natural Resource Ecology Laboratory, "4 Corners Air Quality Website: Data Networks and Accessibility in the Four Corners Region"
Chris Peltz, Research Director - Mountain Studies Institue, "Mercury Transport and Fate in the Atmosphere and Hydrosphere"
Teresa Coons, Grand Junction City Council and Colorado Air Quality Control Commissioner, "Mercury and Health Impacts in Colorado"
Rebecca Russo, Mobile Sources Program Manager EPA Region 8, "EPA's Clean Diesel Program"